Wednesday, 4 January 2017

'New Year, New Me' - Couch To 5k and Rewarding Yourself!

Hey Guys, long time no post...

I would like the begin by wishing you all a happy new year! I did have plans to post very frequently throughout December however, I managed to get caught up in all the festivities and here we are now... on the 4th of January 2017. It was only really today that I have gotten back into the swing of things since Christmas... shocking I know. For one reason or another I just feel like the festive season this year (or should I said last year ha) have lasted so much longer and it really doesn't feel like we are in a new year. Am I the only one? Probably. In previous years I have been so motivated and ready for the new year, with a long list of new goals that I would hope to achieve that year, even though I do feel like every day is a fresh start, not just a new year. However, this year, as much as I am happy to see the back of 2016, I haven't given anything much thought.

Every year, people set out the same unrealistic goals that have flown so far out of the window by January you'll need to be riding a flying pig to achieve them. But there is something about 2017 which seems to have motivated everyone on social media to strive for one thing. A healthy lifestyle. I have seen post after post on Instagram of people who have made the switch to a healthier lifestyle throughout 2016 and their transformations are incredible. That number of posts has appeared to double since New Years Day (well the day after really, lets be real) and people seem so driven from everyone else progress and I do think most people will keep going.

That being said, not to toot my own horn or anything but I am pretty fit. I eat a well balanced diet, with plenty of indulgancies  and burn off what I consume. I don't do any 'extra exercise' when I have eaten an extra chocolate bar or forcefully eat more when I have been exercising for longer. I eat what I want, and exercise regularly. Twice a week, I attend a kickboxing class that is local to me. I absolutely love it. It is only small and the whole club are so close and we are always helping one another and coming together. We are actually a little family and some of my friends tell me how admirable our little 'community' is from an outsiders perspective, ha ha. On the other hand though, we do work. We sweat. A lot. Granted some more than others but we do manage to steam the mirrors up in the room which is more often than not colder than outside!

Enough about that, my point is, with a fight team and gradings to work towards, the sport involves hard work and effort twice a week (2 x 2 hour sessions). Boxing is popular sport to get into in order to keep fit and many celebrities, including Victoria's Secret Angels enjoy it. 

I love kickboxing, but I would like to take on something else on the side that isn't as intense and doesn't take up too much time due to my busy life. That is why I have decided to take on Couch To 5K this year.

C25K is an NHS programme which lasts for 8 weeks (3 days a week) which will gradually build you up to running a fun 5k without stopping. It is a free programme and is something you can do with a friend!

I intend to be running Mondays, Wednesdays and either Fridays or Saturdays in conjunction with my kickboxing on Tuesdays and Thursdays and odd trips to the local gym on the weekends. Taking on the C25k I would love to do a Tough Mudder either later on this year or perhaps next year. The Tough Mudder gives me another motivational platform to continue running once the C25K is over alongside the vision in my mind of how I would like to look. 

In order to reward myself at the end of the year, overtime I train, I am going to put £1 in a jar and by the end of the year, I should have a nice lump of money that I can then use to treat myself as a reward for my hard work!

So, I encourage you to chose one thing that you would like to achieve this year and really plan on what you are going to do, how you are going to do it, how you are going to motivate yourself to keep going and finally how you are going to reward yourself at the end of the year!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment